The entire HALO team would like to express their congratulations on the official opening of new wing of the Medicine Hat Regional Hospital, which includes the Heliport.
HALO is proud to have contributed significant time and resources to aid in the Heliport development.
HALO at its own cost conducted the following:
- The exhaust / intake emission testing to prove the Medicine Hat Regional Hospital will not be exposed to harmful helicopter gases during operation.
- Trained ALL the EMS staff for Medicine Hat Regional Hospital.
- Performed flight tests with Transport Canada, required to certify the new Heliport.
- Completed flight and ground training with BATUS to facilitate the use of the new Heli-Port by BATUS.
- Consulted with Medicine Hat Regional Hospital on an ongoing basis to facilitate the opening and operation of the Heliport which included but was not limited to simulated training.
As well we would like to thank our private and responsible corporate sponsors for enabling HALO to operate not only being an integral part of the health care team in Alberta by providing airlift support to AHS, but also to be able to share our expertise in the development of healthcare facilities.
The new Heli-Port, from Halo’s perspective is fantastic, as it will enable HALO to save precious time and resources for Inter-Facility Transfers in and out of the Hospital.
'In Flight For Your Life'